AIM® lets you stay connected with the people you care about right on your iPhone or iPod Touch. AIM is more than an instant messaging service - it's a better way to connect. Mobile AIM lets you communicate whenever you want, wherever you are, in whatever way that suits you best. Connect with friends and family and keep track of status, location, and presence updates in real time.
Mobile AIM for iPhone and iPod Touch was built from the ground up to take advantage of the iPhone and iPhone UI.
• Send and receive messages over WiFi, EDGE, or 3G networks*
• Connect to anyone on the AIM network worldwide, whether they're on AOL®, AIM, ICQ®, .mac or MobileMe
• See who's available before you contact them
• Configure multiple screen names and switch between identities any time
• Stay logged in for up to 24 hours (even when AIM isn't running) and optionally receive notifications by SMS when you receive a new IM.
• Optionally receive notifications via SMS when you receive new IMs
• View expressions and update status
• Send IMs and SMS text messages* - even from an iPod Touch
• Take pictures with the built-in camera to use as your buddy icon
• Share your location with your buddies and find out who's nearby with the Buddies Near Me smart buddy group
• Manage your Buddy List® feature, choose Favorites, or add a new buddy anytime. Your changes are automatically synced with iChat and AIM for Windows or Mac.
• Access your Contacts directly from within AIM - send an IM to a screen name or an SMS to a phone number.
It's easy to get started. Just sign in using your existing AOL, AIM, .mac or MobileMe name, or register for a free screen name right from your device.
Any service can send messages. But with AIM, you're really connected.
AIM for iPhone (Free Edition) is ad supported. To use AIM without ads, purchase AIM on the App Store - just look for the purple icon (where available).
Let us know what you think about AIM (Free Edition) and hear from our team at http://iblog.aol.com/.
* iPod Touch only supports WiFi; SMS notifications require an iPhone with a wireless data plan and charges from your wireless carrier may apply. SMS features are not available in all countries.